Power plugs and outlets used in Canada

Are you visiting Canada and you need to know if you need any adapter or converter for the power plugs and power outlets used in Canada? Please select from which country you are to see if you need any adapters and/or converters in Canada.

Electricity in Canada

In Canada they use the following plug and outlet types:

  • Type A
  • Type B
The voltage is 120V and the standard frequency is 60Hz.

Power plugs and outlets Canada

The outlets and plugs used in Canada are A, B.. You can take a look at the pictures below to see how each plug and socket type looks.

Canada power plug outlet type A Canada power plug outlet type B

Are the power plugs and sockets different from your home country? Click on the link below for a universal power plug adapter for Canada.

Click for Canada power plug adapter

Voltage and frequency used in Canada

All sockets in Canada provide a standard voltage of 120V with a frequency of 60Hz.

Click for Voltage converter

The standard frequency in Canada is 60Hz. If this frequency is different than the frequency in your home country we do not recommend to use your electronic equipment in Canada. But if the voltage is the same (120V) it is possible to use your equipment for a short time (AT YOUR OWN RISK). This especially applies to any moving, rotating or time related appliances.

Was this page helpful?
0 review(s), average score 0.0